Antonov aircraft denied at Maastricht Airport

Ort für Diskussionen über die anderen Airlines am Airport Weeze.
Place for discussions about the other airlines at Airport Weeze.

Moderatoren: Markus, Rolf

Antworten
Zonan
Senior User
Antonov aircraft denied at Maastricht Airport

Beitrag von Zonan »

Hello,
Maastricht Airport used to have a lot of Antonov aircraft for cargo operations.
These were AN-12, AN-22, AN-24, AN-26 and AN-30 types.
This means they will have to look for either a new airport or the operators will have to use other aircraft.
The Antonovs are no longer allowed due to noise.
source: https://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieuws/ ... maastricht

Would it be possible for them to come to Weeze does anyone think?
Would be cool to see Antonovs weekly at the airport.
The other options will be Liegge, (Geilenkirchen?), Eindhoven or airports that are further away such as Cologne.

I'd like to hear your opinions on this
Regards, Zonan
Kleve88
Senior User

Re: Antonov aircraft denied at Maastricht Airport

Beitrag von Kleve88 »

I don't think that NRN is an option. LGG and CGN do have an excellent infrastructure for cargo handling, 24/7 operations and AFAIK no aircraft restrictions. While CGN-MST is almost the same distance as NRN-MST (approx. 100km), LGG is just 40km away from MST. BRU is another option (approx. 100km). EIN and MST do have comparable "noise pollution" issues. GKE is for military use only I think.

My ranking of alternate airports would be (1) LGG, (2) CGN, (3) BRU. But it depends on the location of the major customers of the AN-operators. NRN might be an option if they are located somewhere north of MST and if there is no need for 24/7 operations. Even then NRN might still be a no-go as the AN-12 is a category D aircraft and NRN is limited to category C aircraft + Boeing 757.
Bild
Zonan
Senior User
Re: Antonov aircraft denied at Maastricht Airport

Beitrag von Zonan »

I don't think MST is a 24/7 operator either I think.
Indeed as the AN-12 is category D it probably won't be allowed here, except if they make an exception, just like for the 757.
I have no idea where the Antonov cargo is going so probably their best bet will be LGG, although I believe LGG is pretty much on their maximum flights per year.
Also, I read some more news and Antonovs will not be banned from MST, they will simply be way more expensive to land. That way they want to prevent them to land except if absolutely neccesary.
Antworten